Terms & Conditions | Returns Policy
The Availability of our Supplied Goods
(1) At Jill McKeown Opticians all goods are subject to availability.
(2) We keep a limited quantity in stock however we often order directly from the supplier should they be out of stock indefinitely or no longer available/discontinued we will
contact you with the offer of choosing an alternative or a refund.
(3) Any money paid for unavailable items will be refunded as soon as possible or within 28 days of the original order.
(4) We are not responsible for any damage or losses which you may suffer due to the failure to supply goods.
(5) All goods displayed on our website are done so as accurately as possible with images from the suppliers.
(6) Occasionally some frame models or colours of a certain model may be discontinued without any prior notice to ourselves.
(7) We always endeavour to supply the frame ordered but unforeseen circumstances can arise, which are out of our control. Should this happen with your order we will contact you by email or phone to arrange an alternative colour or model or if no solution can be reached a refund will be given.
(8) Please allow 7-14 working days for all designer glasses and sunglasses but in the rare
instances it may take longer for any of the above reasons please allow up to 30 days.
(9) Should any customer wish to try frames first before purchasing this can be arranged and we will endeavour to facilitate.
Cancellation of Orders
(1) All orders may be cancelled within 24 hours of ordering.
(2) Any requests to cancel after 24hrs will not have postage refunded as they are automatically
ordered with our supplier at time of purchase, and we are charged postage from them.
(3) Any cancelations will be refunded as soon as possible or within 30 days of the original order,
less any post, packing or admin expenses.
(4) We will not be obliged to compensate for any consequential or indirect loss, damage, or
(1) The prices displayed on our website are correct at the time of input.
(2) We reserve the right to change prices without notice.
(3) When we have accepted an order, we will not change the price that applies to that order
subject to unseen server issues and database price variations which are beyond our control
at the time of ordering.
(4) We make every effort to maintain correct pricing, but these may be subject to variations
caused by unforeseen factors beyond our control.
Payment Information, Processing and Security
(1) We accept debit or credit card payments, also over the phone with card payments also accepted.
(2) Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card holder’s issuer.
(3) We will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise
(4) Bank transfers will also be accepted.
(5) Transmission of your debit or credit card number and other details in relation to payment are through a secure server and will never be stored by us. Our Merchant Services process all payments unless PayPal is used. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
(6) Any card payments by phone will be entered directly into the terminal at the time of call and card details will not be stored by us in any manner.
(1) Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to
you by law in respect of goods supplied.
(2) Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their
manufacturers direct to you.
(3) We do not accept responsibility for damage to any goods caused by you.
(4) All warranties will be honoured in accordance with each individual manufacturers’ policy.
(5) We will not be liable to any person for damage or loss arising from the use of goods
advertised on our website.
(6) Without prejudice to your statutory rights the information contained in this site is provided
without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is
accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
(7) We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our ecommerce engine,
our website, servers, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
(8) All telephone, and email orders are subject to these terms and conditions.
(9) The delivery option selected online or by telephone of goods purchased through Jill McKeown Opticians are the sole responsibility of the customer. Delivery options are given verbally for telephone ordering.
(10) Should customers choose uninsured and unsigned delivery options it is the responsibility of
the customer to recover any monies lost through the appropriate delivery company.
(11) We cannot accept any liability for lost items through the postal system and hence
our recommended option for all deliveries is registered post.
Dispatch of goods
(1) We will endeavour to deliver the goods to the address which you have supplied us at the
time of ordering via our website or by telephone within 28 days.
(2) Should this be longer we will notify you by email or phone and give you an estimated
delivery date or other options.
(3) We will endeavour to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by
us, but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date.
(4) You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because
of the late delivery of goods or goods delivered to any alternative address other than the
address specified from your initial order.
(5) Any incorrect or incomplete addresses sent to us which are returned to us for any reason
will incur a re-distribution charge set at our standard postal and packaging rates.
(6) The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address
specified in your order instructions.
(7) All goods may or may not require a signature at the recipients specified address depending
on which delivery option is selected by the customer by online or telephone ordering.
Returns of Glasses, Sunglasses and Prescription Glasses
(1) If you are not satisfied with your goods, you should notify us by email, letter, or phone as
soon as you receive them and within 7 days.
(2) We will ask you to pack them securely and return them to us, at your cost and risk, in their
original condition including all relevant security tags, cloths, bags, cases, guarantee cards
and any enclosed literature within seven working days starting the day the goods have been
received, together with your original receipt and original packing and we will refund your
(3) Return postage costs will not be refunded.
(4) We are unable to refund cost of prescription lenses as these are a bespoke item to your
(5) You should contact us immediately after receipt of any prescription lenses if you are
experiencing difficulties when looking through the glasses and we advise without exception
not to drive or use any appliances which could cause harm to you or others if you are
experiencing any vision difficulties with your new glasses.
(6) In addition, we would ask that you contact us immediately to discuss this with one of our
qualified team of optometrists or opticians who will help and advise you further to the best
of our professional ability with the prescription details you supplied to us and have been
manufactured in good faith to your specifications.
(7) Please Note: please contact our returns department by email email@example.com or
contact us by phone with a complete description of your problem.
(8) You should send your Proof of Return to us by separate mail.
(9) Any damage or discrepancy with the goods supplied must be notified to us in writing and if
necessary digital photographic evidence should be sent to us immediately and within 24
hours upon receipt of the goods. Your statutory rights are not affected.
(10) We endeavour to respond to any complaints made with 7 working days.
(11) Our packaging department individually checks goods to confirm that they are
in first-class condition and dispatches them by our chosen method of delivery. To ensure
safe delivery we package the goods in protected strengthened Jiffy packing/Card Packaging.
(12) For orders returned to us where the frames or sunglasses are not suitable which do not have any tailor made extras such as prescription lenses, the refund value will be the original amount paid. This applies to all goods supplied including where free delivery of the outgoing order from us were supplied.
Cancellation of Purchase
We reserve the right to cancel your purchase from us if:
(1) We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
(2) We do not deliver to your area.
(3) One or more of the goods you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a
typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
(4) We will ask you if you still want the product at the correct price.
(5) If we cancel your purchase, we will notify you by email and will refund you within 30 days
of the original order date. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for
disappointment suffered, or any indirect or consequential loss, damage, or expenses (including loss of profits, business, or goodwill).
General Terms and Conditions
(1) Notices served under these terms and conditions must be in writing and will be deemed to be
given when personally delivered, or 3 days after being sent by registered mail to the address set out in our Invoice.
(2) Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to
enforce the rest of those terms and conditions.
(3) These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to you,
your affiliates, partners, companies or of any relationship to you.
(4) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish Law.
(5) By agreeing to our terms and conditions you (the customer) are entering into a legally binding
contract with us Jill McKeown Opticians, the contract will only be formed between us and the customer when the goods are dispatched. All telephone, postal or email orders are subject to our terms and conditions and you will be asked to refer to these when making your order this way. By agreeing with us by any of the above ordering means you are entering a legally binding contract with us with the above terms and conditions to which you (the customer) agree with.
Supply of Designer Prescription Glasses/sunglasses
(1) All our optical frames and many of our designer Sunglasses are suitable for prescription should you wish to have made in prescription we will contact you by email or phone regarding supply and what is necessary.
(2) All Prescriptions provided must be within 24 months of date examined, a copy of which must be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) Having been provided with an in-date prescription we will contact you by phone to discuss your options for lenses and prices as there are certain limitations for some prescription.
(4) All orders will be confirmed by email after all options and prices are decided upon.
(5) Should after the order is placed it is found that the prescription is not suitable after all, we will contact you by phone to advise of same and offer alternatives if alternatives are available, if this is not possible a full refund will be issued.
(6) By law we cannot supply prescription Glasses to wearers under 16 yr old, partially sighted, or blind, by placing the order you confirm none of these restrictions apply to your order.
(7) Prescription orders which are customised for you and may take a 3-4 weeks to manufacture and such orders cannot be returned for an exchange or refund.
(8) We do not refund any costs of prescription glasses or sunglasses as these are tailormade bespoke products.
(9) When ordering prescription sunglasses, we endeavour to closely match the original colour of the lens, however there may be a slight difference in tints/colour which is unavoidable.
(10) All manufacturing logos on the original lenses will not be on the prescription lenses.
(11) All new prescription spectacles and sunglasses should be fitted by an optician we recommend coming in person to collect to our practice in Banbridge, if this not possible a visit to any Optician for a fitting is recommended a small charge may be requested which is at the purchaser’s expense.
(12) All details provided to us must be in good faith, correct legal name, address, D.O.B etc.
As part of fulfilment of Contracts, we collect your Data and in doing so we confirm that we comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, 1988 and the Data Protection Regulations made thereunder, amended and General Data Protection Regulations ( GDPR ) . We will collect, process or use master data without your consent only to the extent required for the processing of any contractual relationship in this regard. However, for the avoidance of any doubt, we will not use your data for any advertising, market research or market opinions or surveys without your express consent. In all other respects, customers are fully entitled to retrieve their Data or amend it under our care for your as a customer, subject to you notifying us of such amendments thereto.